Monday, January 16, 2012

CEO Club

After some serious soul searching, I opted this year not to participate "officially" in the big needlework challenges to start 15 new projects or finish works-in-progress.  I tried to last year, without much success... in fact, my "new starts" list and my "WIPS" list would be about the same in 2012 as they were in 2011!!  I'm still doing all of that, just without the self-imposed pressure of those groups.  Don't get me wrong - I do follow those blogs closely and celebrate each finish and enjoy the new starts.  I just needed something a little *less* this year.  And then this past week... the wonderful people at my LQS (Quilting Adventures) shared a new challenge that they are hosting: the "Completed Executed Objects" club.  For whatever reason, I felt compelled to officially sign up and put six projects on my list (the challenge is at least one project a month over six months; read here for more).  I'm excited about participating, and I'll be sharing my CEO finishes as they get done.  At least 3 of the items on my list are Christmas presents for friends and family this year - won't that be nice to have them done so early?!

The first item on my list is actually a baby quilt for a colleague who is expecting a girl in March.  We are having a shower for her next month, and I'm tickled pink to be as far along as I am.  The quilt top was a kit I purchased on eBay from Specialjays.  She has some beautiful fabrics, charm packs, and quilt kits.  I liked the convenience of having the fabric selection and cutting already done.  I pieced the entire top (36"x36") together yesterday, and basted a soft flannel backing, the batting and top together today using spray adhesive (my new favorite sewing "notion").  I've also pieced the binding, so I'm ready to quilt!  Isn't it sweet?

I also found some stitching mojo (finally) and started my ornament work for 2012 with "The First Day" by Plum Street Samplers.  I've changed the fibers and fabric to use what I have and am loving the speed with which the piece is coming together.  I really enjoy the Crescent Color red I chose to use ("Bandana," I believe).  More as I get it done...


How about you?  What did you accomplish this weekend?

Now, go take up your needle and sew!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment