Monday, October 10, 2011

A Day Off!

How nice to have a day off, especially following a 3-day work weekend on the Eastern Shore.  Over the weekend, I participated in the 19th Eastern Shore Birding and Wildlife Festival, based out of Cape Charles, Virginia.  We had fantastic weather for all three days, with good numbers of birds on Friday.  While the birding wasn't quite as good on Saturday or Sunday, it was fun to visit with old friends and to share the excitment of new birdwatchers.

On our return home, I was greeted by a box from Sinta, my partner in the Santa Sack Swap 2 exchange.  This is the very first exchange I've ever participated in, and I'm having a great time thinking of things to create and send to Sinta.  While I've been *this close* to opening packages already received, I've really enjoyed getting into the Christmas spirit four months early!  I hope that Sinta likes the items that I've sent to her.  Is there such a thing as "Exchange Anxiety?!"
I also took a little time today to visit one of my LNS, Haus Tirol in Williamsburg.  My goal was to purchase a last few items for my contribution to the Grab Bag exchange at the upcoming Pals 2011 Stitchin' at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, SC.  Have you seen the Gloriana Silk Chenille?  Wow, wow, wow - wonderful colors!  There might be one of those packages in my exchange bag.... :)

Now, back to some stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky I have your wonderful package via the USPS in my hot little hands right now!!! Thank you so much! I love the wrapping paper and bow! So festive! Thank you for being my swap partner! And I'm glad you like your package too!!!

    ReplyDelete