Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend Progress

Where *does* the weekend go?  Just as I'm hitting my stride today on several projects, I realize that it's time to get ready for the work week....  How about if we had 2-day work weeks and 5-day weekends?  I think I could get into that...

I started a pretty JBW Designs pattern on Friday.  I was able to finish about half of it - not a complicated design (and only one color floss!), but lots of other things competing for my time in the past two days.  One of the things I love about many of JBW Designs' French Country patterns is the little hidden shapes integrated into the larger one - do you see the squirrel, acorn, bird, and more?  I think I will finish this as a flat-fold - have just the right pumpkin fabric for it; I may make it one of my exchange pieces at Cross Stitch Pals in Myrtle Beach in South Carolina.

JBW Designs
French Country IV - Pumpkin
28-count natural linen; WDW Terra Cotta

I also worked on one of my CEO Club quilted pieces - the squares below (and 13 more like them) are the foundation for this wall hanging.  But since it's a gift, and I still have a lot of work ahead of me, you'll have to wait a little while to see the final results.  I did realize last month that I got the gist of the CEO Club a bit wrong to begin with - I had my list, from 1-6, of the projects I needed to finish, in the order in which I needed them.  When I received my first reminder e-mail of the first month's project, I realized that the LQS is randomly picking a number from 1 to 6, and that item in my list is the one I'm supposed to work on that month!  Yikes!  Well, I really wasn't ready to work on item #6 last month (these squares below), but I did finish item #1 (the baby quilt), and I've made good progress on item #4, which is this month's number.  Valuable lesson learned in seeking clarity of the rules at the beginning!!  Regardless, it's helping me get projects done early in the year, which is great!!


Time to fold laundry... and find another few minutes to take up my needle and sew!
Becky

1 comment:

  1. I love that JBW Design! I agree that the fun of them is what she incorporates into the designs. The fabric on those squares is quite elegant - looks to be a really cool project! And I am really luck that I have a three 10 hour day work week and a four day weekend. It is wonderful. It seems to be just the right balance. (*Please don't hate me)

    ReplyDelete