Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pumpkins in April?

I'm excited to share with you another finish - between basketball and late-night Oliver Twist on PBS, I was able to wrap up the JBW Designs piece I showed you last weekend.  Even though it's pretty simple, I really like this design and the floss I used; just love those colors!  I did decide not to include the "pumpkin" word under the design; like it better without that extra.  Unfortunately, by the time I was able to take a picture, it was well after dark, so the fabric (28-count cashel cream) doesn't look anything like what it really looks like!  I've definitely decided that this will be one of my exchange pieces for the Cross Stitch PALS retreat in October.  I also started another piece last night (on a roll at 1:00 a.m.!) - New York Dreamer's "Home for Christmas."  Not far enough along to show you yet, but I can't wait to see it in finished form.

JBW Designs - Sweet Nothings/"French Country IV - Pumpkin"
28-count cream cashel; WDW Terra Cotta

I know it doesn't seem like I accomplished a lot this weekend - what I really should have done was taken a picture of the big pile of weeds I assembled over the past few days.  Still a lot to do, but I'm pleased with the progress so far.

Perhaps I can sneak in a few stitching minutes before going to bed.  'Til next time, take up your needle and sew!

Becky

4 comments:

  1. OOOOOH I hope I am the lucky one to get this piece. I really like JBW's designs. I usually don't put the word on them either.

    Well, lets cheer the Cats on tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, The pumpkin looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been meaning to come by and check up on you Becky! Your pumpkin is beautiful and I love your little Christmas needlepoint on a previous post! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete