Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Catching Up!

I can't believe it's been nearly two months since my last post!  There's a lot to share with you, including, finally, the *finish* of the CEO Club project #2, this log cabin quilt for a very dear friend of mine.  She celebrated a big milestone birthday earlier this year, and I wanted to honor it, and our friendship, with something a little extra special.  I'm really thrilled with how it turned out, and my accomplishment is due, in large part, to the lovely ladies at my LQS, Quilting Adventures.  Joyce, the owner, and her staff are always willing and interested in exploring every option for success.


This was also my second project with batiks, which I'm really starting to love for sewing.  Here's a close-up of the block so that you can see the various patterns in the different fabrics.


Over the weekend, I spent a LOT of time pulling weeds - the biomass of material removed from the flower beds and gardens makes me wonder how anything (but weeds) was still alive in the yard!!  In amongst weeds, though, I did manage a small finish on a needlework project for the PALS stitching retreat later this fall (sorry I didn't iron before snapping a photo!).  I do need to get a button to sew in the space at the bottom, but the needlework is all finished.

Celebration: Autumn by Heart in Hand
32-ct dirty Belfast linen; called for WDW and GAST

Last for my post this evening is a special "thank you" to Nancy at the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.  I won one of her charts in a give-away.  Nancy not only provided the chart; she also included the cute charm and her wonderful hand-dyed thread.  I can't wait to stitch it up!!!


So much to do!  Loving the extra hours of sunlight to enjoy nature's wonders in the outdoors.  Looking forward to sharing some more finishes with you this weekend.

'Til next time, though, let's take up our needles and sew!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment