Monday, September 3, 2012

Garden Exchange Reveal!

I am excited to finally be able to show you the results of the "Tea in the Garden" stitching exchange that I participated in, hosted by Lainey at Stitched with Love Exchanges.  This was my second exchange hosted by Lainey, and I was very excited to be chosen to stitch for Nataly (in MA).  For this exchange, we had the option of focusing on tea time or gardens (I chose gardens) - like the other exchanges, we were asked to stitched something in line with the theme, provide a themed chart, and to include a number of other items (garden-themed and/or stitching related).  Here's a photo of the piece that I did for the exchange and the items that I sent with the stitched piece.


Here's a close-up of the stitched piece - Rose Garden (without the border) by Blackbird Designs.  I'm also showing you the backing fabric that I used for the pillow - loved it!

 


I received a lovely package of items from June (in the UK).  The stitched pillow is done with wonderful soft greens, corals and more and sits proudly on my mantel now.  One of the exciting things about exchanging with someone from another country is that you may receive items that you can't even find in the U.S.!  June's package included some lovely embellishments and fabrics - none of which I'd even seen in the various supply "haunts" that I frequent.


I've signed up the the "Fall into Halloween" exchange, where participants could choose to receive Halloween-themed or autumn-themed items.  I've been doing some stitching in both of these themes and am looking forward to learning about my exchange partner next week.  Fun, fun, fun!!!!

Back to my project bag - there's still a little time to take up my needle and sew before bed.  Enjoy!
Becky

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED my exchange gift!! Thank you Becky for your creativity and generosity.

    ReplyDelete