Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Spent much of the afternoon unpacking and choosing just the right spot for our many, many Christmas decorations.  This is my most favorite time of the year - same for DH - so we're quite the pair when it comes to Christmas memorabilia!  I love the stockings on the fireplace (just a few of the two dozen we own), and all of the Santas around it (just a fraction of the collection, though!).


My *most* favorite decorations, though, are my Nativity figures - see them all lined up along the mantel?  These are Santons, from southern France - all crafted out of clay and hand-painted; the detail work is amazing.  The figurines are no more than 3-4 inches tall (camels are aboutn 4"; most of the adult people are about 3").  Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of the "cast of thousands" that are present to witness the Holy birth...



And yes, I have been doing some sewing - working on a lot of Christmas presents right now, so I can't reveal much of any of my accomplishments quite yet.  Tomorrow, I will post about a tree skirt I've been wrangling around the sewing machine.

'Til next time, take up your needle and sew!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment