Monday, July 9, 2012

Christmas in July!

Christmas is my favorite time of  year, so I'm always thrilled to help celebrate it early with "Christmas in July" activities.  The CEO ("completed executed objects") Club in which I'm participating at my LQS, Quilting Adventures, is kind of like that for me... with 2 exceptions, the projects I'm working on, to be finished by the end of this month, are intended to be gifts for people at the holidays.  So I'm really excited to show you the results of my very first machine applique efforts:


I've also pieced 12 blocks for a log cabin lap quilt for my mom's birthday, which is the day after Christmas.  Like the last log cabin I did, I think I need to augment this pre-cut "kit" by adding one or two more rows to make the blocks a bit larger - sounds like a trip to the LQS is in order!  Here's a sampling of the block as it is now:


Now, back to some needlework!  Hope that you're finding the time to take  up your needle and sew!
Becky

1 comment:

  1. Love your applique, and the log cabin piece is beautiful. My fav colors!

    ReplyDelete