Sunday, July 22, 2012

Patriotic Exchange Reveal!

I am so excited to finally be able to share with  you the results of the Patriotic stitching exchange that I participated in, hosted by Lainey at Stitched with Love Exchanges.  I've only ever participated in a couple of other exchanges, so I was really excited to be chosen to stitch for Shirlee (in KY), who's tastes are very similar to mine!  For this exchange, we were asked to stitch something patriotic, to provide a patriotic chart, and to include a number of other items (patriotic and/or stitching related).  Here's a photo of the piece I did for the exchange and the items I sent.


Happy Flag Flag Day by Trilogy
Recommended floss and fabric

I finished the stitched piece as a flat-fold, a technique I'm really enjoying using for gifted pieces.  Shirlee is a big fan of Little House Needleworks, and I was pleased that she didn't already have this pattern!  Additionally, Shirlee likes birds (especially cardinals) - I was excited to find some fat quarters that seemed to be right on target!  Lastly, Shirlee said that she really was trying to get more hand-stitched ornaments - a person after my own heart!  I enjoyed finishing "First Day" for her!  I received the nicest note from her after she opened my package - I think stitchers are the best people!!

I received the most wonderful box of items from Lisa (in NY).  I have just started on some smalls (ornaments and pillows), and just love this piece that Lisa made.

Happy 4th by Threadwork Primitives

The details are just fantastic and really make the whole piece unique and very special!  I also received many, many other charts, threads, trims, and more - Lisa was so generous!  I'm a big fan of Prairie Schooler and Shepherd's Bush and and excited to add these charts to my collection! And isn't her packaging really pretty?!


Been doing some "ghost stitching" for a designer, so nothing I can share with you at this point.  I'm also signed up for another of Lainey's great exchanges - this one with a garden theme!  I'm so thrilled to be participating!

Now, off to the gym, then a little time to take up my needle and sew before canning up tomatoes from the Farmers Market!

Becky

2 comments:

  1. I truly did enjoy my package! I'm so glad that you received a lovely package as well : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitched pieces and goodies you sent and received are just fabulous Becky. So glad your enjoying the exchanges and making new friends. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete