Friday, October 19, 2012

Pals Stitching at the Beach - Day 2

Troubles getting on the hotel wireless delayed this posting until today, but Day 2 of Stitching at the Beach was as exciting as Day 1.  I did finish the stitching on the Victoria Sampler chickadee ornament, then moved on to the December cardinal that's in that chart as well:


I also spent much of the afternoon working on an exchange piece, so nothing to show on that just yet...

We also held the Halloween and autumn exchanges - so much fun!  For the Halloween exchange, I stitched two pieces - an "owl" pumpkin and a scary cat:

Pumpkins
The Prairie Schooler

All About Halloween
Homespun Elegance

I received two wonderful pieces in return from two very gifted stitchers; the one one the left created by Marnie from Maryland and the one on the right, by Katie from Indiana:


I completed three pieces for the autumn exchange:

(Upper left) Autumn Tree - The Trilogy
(Upper Right) Celebration Autumn - Heart in Hand
(Lower) French Country IV - Pumpkin, JBW Designs
(I need to stop taking pictures in the middle of the night!)

I received absolutely fun and fabulous pieces in exchange:


These pieces were stitched and created by Tracey from Tennessee (left), Sharon from Kentucky (center), and Kathy from Ohio (right).  I *cannot* wait to get home and add all of these wonderful decorations to my decorating!!

A brief departure from stitching - we ate dinner last night at a great restaurant called Nacho Hippo - fan-tas-tic!!  I loved it so much that I really did buy the t-shirt:


If you're every in Myrtle Beach, SC, I highly recommend that you stop here and enjoy!!

Safe travels to our friend Jean who needed to leave the retreat early - we'll miss her!  Meanwhile, it's time for me to get back to stitching!
Becky

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful stitching and exchanges Becky.
    Enjoy!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I can't wait to see more pictures to see what I'm missing.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I finished the ornament that you received from Kathy B. :)

    ReplyDelete