Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pals Stitching at the Beach - Day 3

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is our last day together to stitch at the beach.  I'm really having a great time and loving spending all of this time stitching.

Today was another great shopping day - Pam Lewis and Susan Rohm from Praiseworthy Stitches joined us and brought some wonderful designs.  I forgot to mention yesterday that we're privileged to have Sue Hillis (Sue Hillis Designs) and Stephanie Hillman (Nouveau Encore Designs) with us this year.  It has been such fun to visit with the designers, learn a little about what inspires them and how they go through the creative process of concept to final product.

I spent my stitching time today working on an exchange piece - sorry, no pictures until the exchange is closed!!  Stay tuned...

We had our "grab bag" exchange this evening - always a lot of fun, and it is so interesting to see the many different, imaginative ways that everyone comes up with to "contain" their "bag" contents.  I put "bag" in quotes, because only about one-quarter of the "bags" are actually bags - tonight, we had boxes, bags, a foot stool (with lift-up lid), baskets, and many more containers.  Here are just a few snaps of some of the crafty, creative ideas:




I found a wonderful pumpkin basket at A.C. Moore that I purchased for my "bag," and I loaded it up with autumn-themed specialty flosses, fat quarters, linen/evenweave, embellishments, and more.  I really enjoy putting together contents that I think will be well-received by the person who ends up with my contribution.



At the end of the exchange, I had a wonderful Christmas box put together by Sue from Iowa.  You know that DH and I are all about Christmas, so the box itself is a wonderful decor piece to begin with!


Inside the box, Sue had included a wonderful project bag that she'd made, plus a lovely woolen needlebook that she'd created and foam handle wraps.  The hand-crafted items are real treasures, and they will be reminders of the generosity and creativity of cross-stitchers!


Definitely time for bed - looking forward to another stitchy day tomorrow, a trip to the local quilt shop, and the Christmas ornament exchange!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment