Saturday, March 30, 2013

Retreating!

No, not running away!  I had an opportunity over the past two days to spend the day at my favorite LQS (Quilting Adventures) at a retreat.  Everybody works on their own things, and it's always so inspiring for me to see what the other ladies are busy creating.  I spent a good part of Friday working on sewing for my challenge quilt for the QA anniversary in June - sorry, but no peeks today.  I also helped my dear friend Julia finish up a quilt she's been working on for the past couple of retreats - only to find out that she'd made it for me!!!  It's a beautiful lap quilt, and I can't wait to have it in my home. 


I was really touched by her gesture, since I know she has precious little time now to sew, and I certainly didn't expect her to spend it on something for me.  I will really treasure this gift.  If you click on the picture, you should be able to see more of the specific, beautiful fabrics she chose for this project.

I spent part of my time yesterday, and most of my time today, working on a wall hanging for another friend of mine.  It's a birthday gift, already late, but I make good progress and hope to finish it within the next few weeks.  I'll give you a sneak peek - lots of cutting and sewing, and if you're really astute, you'll see where I need to go back into the block in the upper right corner of the photo and add a missing half-square triangle in blue.  But I'm pleased with how it's turning out - really got into a good groove today. I'll reveal the whole piece when I know the recipient has received it.


It was really wonderful to feed my creative spirit over these past couple of days - a real "retreat" from all of the other "stuff" swirling about and a much-needed break.  I'm jazzed to keep working on some other projects that went "retreating" with me, but for which there was no time.

'Til next time, be sure that you make a little time to retreat and take up your needle and sew!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment