Friday, June 29, 2012

Surprises in the Mail

I absolutely cannot wait to show you what I received from my exchange partner in the Patriotic Exchange coordinated by Stitched with Love Exchanges...  but I'll have to, until we get the go-ahead from Lainey.  My first stitching exchange, and I was (and am still) overwhelmed by the generosity of my exchange partner.  I also had a blast putting together a package for my partner; her likes and dislikes are very similar to mine.  More as soon as I can show it.

In today's mail, though, was a fantastic package from Myra at Gr8dame's Place.  She had finished a cool little project (United by Bent Creek) and offered to pass the chart along to anyone interested.  My hand flew up in the air so fast!!  And there was a super extra surprise with the chart - one of Myra's lovely sewing cases - what a treat!  I also received one of these cases that I'd actually purchased - I'm thrilled with both and can't wait to press them right into service!  The construction work is top-notch; as you've already seen, Myra's creativity extends well beyond her cross stitch!

Bent Creek "United" plus a lovely surprise sewing case

Beautiful sewing case and fob - Myra's fine handiwork!!

I also received the monthly LHN ornament - I love this one with the cardinals!  Can't wait to sew that one up; with the heat indices predicted to be at or over 110 degrees each day this weekend, I see some sewing time in my future!


A few more minutes until bedtime - ready to take up my needle and sew!

Becky

3 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts from Myra. Her work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to see your exchange. You must have a wonderful partner. Your comments on my cases make me blush. :o) I am glad you like them - I just love sending along a little surprise when I pass along a chart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myra is so generous, and does fabulous work. Congratulations on winning the chart and getting the extras. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the exchange.

    ReplyDelete